Friday, 30 March 2012

This Week's Top 5 Songs VI

I've been listening to David Bowie, The Beatles & Madonna a lot on my iPod this week, so some of these "classic" artists are reflected in this week's Top 5 Songs post. I connected strongly with one Marc Almond song a few days ago - one I listen to quite a lot but which I didn't quite LOVE until then. In the last two days I had sex several times with a performance on American Idol. And then there is a plug I need to make.

Madonna - Gang Bang



I suppose this is a bit of a Marmite song. It's very OTT and I have to say it was love at first listen for me and one of the few highlights on the new Madonna album MDNA. It's sexy. I better not elaborate on that further...

David Bowie - Time Will Crawl



Kind of the Bowie discovery of the week for me. No, it's not one of his best but it's a pretty good song that I'd tragically overlooked until reading this blog entry earlier this week. Quite a haunting ear warm, this.

Othon - Impermanence (with Ernesto Tomasini)

Othon's released a second single of his second album this week. Not much to say about it. I love it, you'll either love it too, or you won't. Just give it a listen. You can preview and buy it (and its video) here.



Marc Almond and the Willing Sinners - Hell Was A City

Haven't we felt like this at some point in our lives?

How long do you think that you're going to lick
All of the boots that kick you?
You've had your face in the dirt for too long
Sweet revenge long overdue

...

It took me all this time to realise
That Hell was a city on Earth
And Jesus died for me to despise
The pitiful waste of his birth

I craved for the filth of the city
Gold pathway of dreams from my heart
But acid of misery ate up the gold
And sent me right back to the start

...

Oh go tell them all to forget me
There's no love left in me for them
Something is stirring deep inside of me
And I'll never see them again


Also I find this song incredibly catchy. :) You can find it on Marc's debut solo album called Vermin in Ermine, released in 1984.

Also here is a live version of Hell Was a City, performed in the mid-80's on Spanish TV.

Elise Testone - Whole Lotta Love

I got a lady-boner from Elise's version of Whole Lotta Love. Below are both the audio of the live version, and the studio version. Enjoy, if you like yourself a rock chick who can really SANG. (Oh, and if you're American you can actually buy the studio version on iTunes.)



No comments:

Post a Comment